Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
In the bag:
1 15oz. can black beans
2 15.25oz can whole kernal corn--drain one can
1 c. bottled think and chunky salsa
2 c. rice
From the kitchen:
5 or 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts (can use frozen)
1 8oz. cream cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 c. water
1. In a 4 quart slow coker, mix together the beans, corn, and 1/2 c. salsa. Top with the chicken breasts, then pour the reaining salsa over the chicken.
2. Cover and cook on high for 2.5 to 3 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours; until the chicken is tender and white throughout.
3. Remove chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Add back to the slow cooker.
4. Add the cream cheese and turn slow cooker to high until the cream cheese melts and blends into sauce.
5. Serve over rice and top with shredded cheese.