Thursday, December 4, 2008

Easy Chili




In the bag:
1 chopped onion or 1 t. dehydrated onion
1 26 oz. can chili beans
1 14 oz. can kidney beans
1 package chili mix
2 c. vegetable drink (v-8)
1 14 oz. can Italian tomatoes diced

From the kitchen:
1 lb. hamburger
1 chopped green pepper


Directions:
Brown hamburger, green pepper and onion in skillet.

In crockpot combine chili beans, kidney beans, chili mix, canned tomatoes and cooked hamburger mixture. Add vegetable drink to the consistency that you like.

Cook on low setting for 4 hours. (You can also cook in large soup pan on stove. Let it simmer for 30 min on stove)

2 comments:

CHarris said...

I have to say that I'm not a huge traditional chili fan, but we thought this was really good. In fact, I'm venturing to say that it's the best red chili I've ever had! It was awesome!

CHarris said...

And one more thing...I topped this with a little cheddar cheese, which made it even more fabulous!